My best friends! They won Emmy’s! Now, I can not only say that I know Emmy award winning producers, but I’m also really stinking proud of them.
Alright, mom moment is over.
But on top of them getting Emmy’s (okay… now the mom moment is over), they also got to come home for the weekend! And, really, that was the best part.
Okay, but seriously. Being around all the award talk this weekend got me thinking about some awards in my own life. And then I got this really brilliant idea to do a blog post about those awards… and then I realized that idea sounded just as rambling and ridiculous as this paragraph.
But I did start thinking that it might be nice to throw out a little “get to know me” survey (that, and I wound up on the 25 questions tag).
So, for all my lovely readers that are not one of the two people in the above picture or, you know, my family, please read on for 25 questions about the blogger (and if you are one of the people in the above picture or, you know, my family, feel free to keep reading, too):
1. What is your middle name?: Lynn Just like mama.
2. What was favorite subject at school?: History. Literally anything history. I originally wanted to double major in history and English and get my master’s in secondary education to follow in the footsteps of my favorite teachers in high school.
3. What is your favorite drink?: Coffee or wine, depends on the time (that rhymed).
4. What is your favorite song at the moment?: I’m a little obsessed with “Rock On” right now.
5. What is your favorite food?: PIZZA. SUSHI. MAC AND CHEESE. Let’s be honest, I don’t really have just one.
Oh, can I add avocados to the list?
7. Favorite book of all time?: The Great Gatsby, hands down. I love most Fitzgerald, but there’s just something about the story. The symbolism. The message. The idea of how much we would give up to make fantasy reality. Dr. T.J. Eckleburg’s eyes.
(Actually, semi-unrelated fun fact, I hate that adaption. As a movie in and of itself, it’s beautiful. Leo is great, as always. But it was way too overstated for the intentionally understated glamour of Fitzgerald’s original book.)
8. Favorite Color?: PURPLE.
9. Do you have any pets?: I officially have one cat, a lovely but feisty little princess named Amelia. I may or may not have also unofficially adopted one of the apartment strays. We’re trying to decide if it’s Allie or Arnie.
10. Favorite Perfume?: Honestly, I’m a pretty simple Warm Vanilla Sugar girl from Bath and Body Works.
11. Favorite Holiday?: Christmas! Besides the obvious reasons, I love the emphasis on family and celebration in the name of our Lord. Plus, the songs.
12. Are you married?: Not at all. I’m working on my independence.
13. Have you ever been out of the country, if so how many times?: I went to England once! (Insert snarky comment from any number of my friends here.) I’ve left the country multiple times actually, most notably to England for my semester abroad and then again the summer after. And, of course, there’s been multiple family trips to Rocky Point.
14. Do you speak any other language?: I speak very basic, very broken Spanish – what I learned in high school and college has dwindled significantly.
15. How many siblings do you have?: 4! (Because, let’s be real, my SIL is basically my sister.) One time I was told I am the perfect combination of a youngest and an only child, and I think that’s the most appropriate description of myself ever.
16. What is your favorite shop?: I miss TopShop being readily available. But TJ Maxx is also a prime location, too. Or the Rack.
17. Favorite restaurant?: LANZAS. The best homestyle Italian food you could ever ask for.
18. When was the last time you cried?: I’m going to modify this question to the last time I properly cried, and I’d have to say last week.
19. Favorite Blog?: I have a lot of favorite blogs, so it would be difficult to pick just one
20. Favorite Movie?: Dirty Dancing. I don’t care how cheesy and cliche it is, that movie makes me want to have the time of my life.
21. Favorite TV shows?: It’s not just a show.
22. PC or Mac?: Mac
23. What phone do you have?: I have an iPhone 6s.
24. How tall are you?: 5’4″
25. Can you cook?: I have a solid four recipes up my sleeves. However, I am the master of the everything-in-the-fridge stir fry.
If you read all of that, I salute you. I’m supposed to tag other people, I think, but I’ll just leave it as-is for now, and go back to perusing the entire tag. Happy reading, friends!
PS: I’ve got a fall style piece up my sleeve (pun intended), so stay tuned!